2022 promises to be a seminal year for consumer protection.
We can only make the landmark changes on our list with your generous support.
Consumer Watchdog’s ambitious list for the new year includes:
- Finally adjusting the 1975 cap on injured patients’ compensation for quality of life and wrongful death damages by passing the Fairness For Injured Patients Act on the November California ballot.
- Ushering in strong new rules from the California Privacy Commission that prevent car manufacturers and insurance companies from collecting data about your precise geo-location against your will.
- Enacting a bottle deposit law reform that places the responsibility for recycling on the beverage industry and has a 90% redemption rate.
- Forcing Governor Newsom to stop the issuing of any new oil drilling permits.
- Provoking new rules from the California Insurance Commissioner that curb the use of education and occupation in auto insurance rates and that give homeowners discounts when they fire-proof their homes.
- Continuing to roll back insurance rates and hold insurance companies accountable for unreasonable rate hikes.
- Prosecuting landmark cases to protect Californians’ health care privacy, environment, and against the use of Big Data to unfairly raise insurance prices.
If you are rooting for us to succeed, please make a tax-deductible contribution today. No amount is too small.
Here’s to a great new year!