Use the sample below and write a letter to your Assemblymember today to ensure they support the critical reforms in AB 1236.
If you are unsure who your representative is, visit http://www.assembly.ca.gov, or check the front of your local phone book!
SAMPLE LETTER TO YOUR LEGISLATOR
The Honorable ________
California State Assembly
P.O. Box 942849
Sacramento, CA 94249-0001
Dear Assemblymember _________:
Re: AB 1236 (Truth in the initiative process) – SUPPORT
- The initiative process was created as a tool for citizen use but has been taken over by deep pocket special interests.
- Anyone with a few million dollars can put an initiative on the ballot – I can’t tell who’s really behind them any longer.
- Voters have a right to know who is really paying the bills for the signatures and the ads.
- I urge your support of this simple yet critical reform.
- Add your own personal comments
Your phone number