Despite the pandemic, Consumer Watchdog scored some significant victories for the public interest in 2021.
Now’s the time of the year that we ask you to consider making a tax deductible donation so that we can do even more in ’22.
Among Consumer Watchdog’s 2021 successes:
- Saved policyholders tens of millions of dollars in unnecessary rate hikes by intervening to stop unjustified rates under Prop 103 and forced insurance companies to offer new discounts for protecting your home from fires.
- Prevailed in the US Supreme Court to protect the rights of the disabled to have equal access to federal health care benefits.
- For the first time, passed legislation out of the California Senate making beverage producers responsible for the recycling of their bottles and cans.
- Helped lead a campaign that pressured Governor Newsom to create the largest setback between oil fields and communities in America and put a moratorium on fracking.
- Exposed cronyism at the State Medical Board that fails to protect the public from dangerous doctors and promoted the Fairness for Injured Patients Act on the November 2022 ballot as an antidote for patient protection.
- Published a living monument of injured patients harmed by the 46 year old law limiting their compensation at www.PatientsForFairness.org as a rallying point for reform.
Thanks for all your support.